A signed guitar belonging to Devon’s Coldplay frontman Chris Martin is among an extraordinary collection of luxury goods going under the hammer this weekend.
Three 40ft shipping containers are filled and everything must go to pay importers debts, tax and duties that total £120,000 at Haynes Motor Museum in Somerset.
Auctioneer Charlie Williams, will bring his 30 years of experience to this special auction that will see some amazing items go under the hammer.
What exactly is happening?
We’re told that 5,000 lots will go under the hammer individually “in order to pay Importers Debts, Tax & Duty payment of £120,000”.
It’s not clear where the lots have come from with organisers adding there will be no auction commission or buyer’s premium on these items as “it will be a VAT sale only and with the lots starting at £40, there is guaranteed to be some furious bidding”.
What is for sale?
There will be 5,000 lots over the three days with plentiful diamond rings, Rolex watches, iPads and laptops making up the list. For those that like something a little different for their homes, then there are plenty of weird, wonderful and unusual items to get you raising your hands for a cheeky bid.
Limited editions by Dali and Picasso are included alongside Champagnes, rare Scottish whiskies and celebrity memorabilia.
When is it?
The auction takes place on Saturday 27, Sunday 28 and Monday 29 May and viewing is from 12 noon, with the auction starting at 1pm. Call 0131 665 6448 for more information.
To help you get a flavour of what’s on offer, here are 21 of the more stand out items on the list that could be yours for a song.
- Make the bank holiday go off with a pop with a bottle of Vintage 2006 Dom Perignon Champagne for just £40.
- Cha’Mone! A glove worn by Michael Jackson will help with your moonwalk.
- Want to get somewhere in a hurry, then a Jaguar Jet Fighter could be just what you want.
- Cartier Tank watch with just the 144 diamonds for those who like their timepieces sparkling.
- Enjoy a Sunday drive out with a red Jaguar E-Type.
- Make sure you’re always going to score with a signed Cristiano Ronaldo shirt.
- Picasso prints are quite rare and the one on offer here is one of just 95 in the world.
- ‘Smokin’ Joe Frazier was undisputed heavyweight champion of the world in the early seventies and now you can own his boxing glove – signed of course.
- Bring back memories of celebrating England’s World Cup win with a bottle of 1966 Moet champagne.
- An original Charing Cross to Westminster Street road sign that promotes ‘Theatreland’.
- An original oil by Venetian artist Luigi Rocca.
- Own a little slice of Coldplay with Chris Martin’s signed guitar.
- If you like your curious looking, well, rather curious, then you’ll love a porcelain Chinese beggar.
- You can worship at the feet of the Iron Lady everyday with a signed presentation of Margaret Thatcher.
- Rejoice in boxing heavyweight hero Anthony Joshua’s achievements with a signed glove.
- Handmade porcelain vase made by the renowned Jing de Zhen.
- A much under used tambourine, signed by heavy metal stalwarts AC/DC.
- Get your seventies Scotland footballer kicks with a signed presentation of Archie Gemmill.
- Go hard to starboard with a ship’s telegraph.
- If you’re a fan of the Great Train Robbery, then you’ll want to own a signed presentation of Ronnie Biggs.
- Add a touch of class to your furniture with an oval rosewood table and chairs that’s inlaid with mother of pearls.