Dallas, GA (December 6, 2018) — The SC Carved Top is our take on the iconic single-cut archtop everyone is familiar with. We started there and added refinements and adjustments that address the shortcomings of the original, such as headstock angle. We then implemented enhancements such as our patent-pending SES system and routing the body to give the stop tailpiece a lower profile putting less tension on the bridge for easier playability.
- Carved Top
- 5-Piece Maple Laminated Neck-thru Design
- Dual Action Truss Rod
- 25” Scale
- 14” Radius
- SES (Sustain Enhancement System) – Patent Pending
- Tone Pros Stoptail Tune-O-Matic Bridge
- Grover Tuners
- Seymour Duncan, or DiMarzio Pickups
- Low Friction 500K Volume Pot, High Friction
- 500K Tone Pot
- 3-Way Switch or 5-Way Switch (Blade style)
- 1 Volume & 1 Tone
- Deluxe Case Included
- Wood combinations range from common woods such as maple, mahogany, alder, and basswood to more exotic woods such as figured & birdseye maple, figured walnut, purple heart, lacewood, bloodwood, cherry, zebra wood, and more.
- Matching Headstock
- Hardware Options: Locking Tuners, Bridges, String-through-body, and Tremolos. Colors: Gold, Chrome/Nickel, & Black.
- Electronics: Lollar or TV Jones Pickups, Additional Switching Options
- Finishes: Custom Airbrushed Graphics and Paint to Oiled Finish.
- Available in 22 or 24 Fret
Our guitars need no upgrades, and have that well-worn, broken-in feel from day one! We pay special attention to how we shape our necks and do our fretwork so that every guitar has unparalleled playability. We want them to play and feel like an old classic. And we “Hot Rod” them to the max so you don’t have to.
Price starts at $3,499.00 MSRP. Street price starts at $2,999.00
For more information:
C.R. Alsip Guitars